Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sep 11, 2011

11092011

I read the stories, and uncontrollably, I tear. I find myself moved by the stories which required extraordinary heroism.

The reality of it is that people move on. It is both human tragedy and human strength to bounce back from unimaginable suffering and loss.

It's been 10 years. I find myself wondering how someone like me, as far removed as I am from New York and doubly estranged due to the passage of time, could be touched by the sense of loss.

I think about how Singaporeans would react.

I wonder whether we would show the kind of inner strength to pick ourselves from the rubble. I question whether we have the resilience. I doubt we can draw upon a common core.

I also wonder what actions I would have done. Would I have ran? Would I have helped?

(thoughts in progress)

No comments:

Post a Comment