Sunday, January 17, 2010

CS3216

Recipe for a successful module
1. Take a passionate lecturer who
2. Is slightly crazy and wants to
3. Challenge students to reach their potential by
4. Making them do stuff they
5. Never thought they could
6. With people they don't know so that they can
7. Learn from each other.

I hope that the people taking this module consider going for NOC. Most of the year 3s and year 4s are probably too old, but the year 1s and 2s still have the chance. The culture in SV, BV and Stockholm should suit the people in class. It will even make them become better, as they leave the comfortable environment of home. Home sometimes makes you lazy and complacent. NOC in China.. is a different story.

I feel old when taking the class. Old in the sense that they all seem so untouched by the cynicism that a whole life in the education system causes in people. I hope they never lose their passion, cause it took me a long time to find mine and I would not want to lose it.

It's funny how a simple show and tell session can tell you so much about a person. I find it
so much easier to talk to someone once you know that that person has a passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment