Saturday, June 25, 2011

Death by a Thousand Cuts

Lately, I feel as if I'm slowly bleeding to death from a thousand cuts. There have been miscellaneous annoying things and requests which have been taking up time, energy and mental space unproductively. This has led to frustration and unhappiness.

Henceforth, I shall develop a polite way to deflect such annoyances, so that I can focus on the more important things in life.


I'm awfully sorry, but I need time to focus on learning and working on getting more sources of revenues into our startup, if it is ever to develop beyond its current embryonic stage.

Whenever I feel like this, I take a deep breath and go back to the basics of what makes me happy - learning from my mentors, working hard on something difficult to concentrate, getting some real work done, reading something mind-expanding, exercising, spending time with important people and finding my personal meditation spot on the Himalayans.

2 comments:

  1. Some personal rejuvenation will do your business good, Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! =) If you are doing one too, good luck!

    ReplyDelete