Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Waterpolo

Playing polo today was kind of surreal. I did something I hadn't done in years, which was to catch a opponent's pass in mid flight. The funny thing was, it was automatic. I knew that I could get it. Immediately after I got it, I turned and swam off without pausing. It was so fluid that I only thought about it after I did it.

After that, I just took a break and watched how the year 1s were playing. I guess the break in Shanghai was good. I learnt to play with a better sense of rhythm and overall game vision. More thinking without the ball than with the ball. It all began when I became much slower and weaker. You have to learn to time your swims better than younger, fitter and faster players.

Suddenly, what was becoming mundane is growing interesting again.

2 comments:

  1. I guess it's like this with alot of passions in life. when the going gets tough, the tough get going :) tts the wae Ryan! waterpolo ftw! ;) jia you jia you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph!
    Thanks! Yeah, waterpolo is good for venting the daily frustrations of school and work.

    Btw, I bumped into Jo that day on the mrt. She seems quite stressed out from work.. but she said she's enjoying it. =)

    ReplyDelete